There are several ways to access our Online Store:
- Click on the orange ‘SHOP ONLINE’ tab, which appears at the left of screen at all times on all pages of our main site (this site) or click the button here to the right:
- If you find a book description you like on our website, for example in our monthly New Releases, click the ‘BUY NOW’ button to go directly to that title in the Online Store.
- Follow links shared through our Social Media sites (Facebook or Instagram).
- Copy and paste the Store address into a new tab or window of your internet browser: https://shop.farrells.com.au.
Always remember you can phone or email us directly during regular trading hours if you can’t find what you a looking for – we will always be happy to help.
Browsing the Online Store
Use the Featured menus in the Store sidebar:
- New Releases displays all titles in our system which are to be published in the current month. For items listing as out of stock under this menu, check their publication date – they may not be due for release until later in the month.
- Reading Guides displays all items appearing in our various seasonal catalogues. Select the catalogue you wish to browse. Alternatively you can view the catalogues directly by clicking on the images in the slider at the top of the Store.
- For all items in the Featured menus, titles will display as being in stock or out of stock. If an item is listed as out of stock, you can still order it through the website – we will contact you to advise likely time frame for fulfillment of your order.
Select the genre sidebar heading you are interested in – browse through the titles listed.
- For all items in the genre menus, only items currently in stock will be displayed or appear in search results. This does not mean the item is unavailable – we may simply have sold out temporarily and be awaiting further stock. Always contact us directly by phone or email if you can’t find an item you are looking for – we will happily investigate further for you.
- We have thousands of titles in stock at any time – consider using the ‘Search’ box at the top right of the Store to narrow your results by a favourite author or title you may have heard about. See tips below.
Searching for a specific author or book
You can search by title keyword, author name or ISBN (a unique book identifying number – 13 digits, starting with a ‘9’).
Tips for searching:
- Use less common words – this will narrow your search results.
- Example: One Hundred Years of Solitude – searching by ‘solitude’ will give fewer results than searching by ‘one’ or ‘hundred’
- For long titles, only use one or two keywords – do not enter the whole title.
- Example: The One Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared – search using ‘hundred’ only.
- Do not use punctuation.
- Example: For Gulliver’s Wife, remove the apostrophe before searching: gullivers NOT gulliver’s.
- Use combination searches of title keyword and author to narrow your search results.
- Example: For Lee Child’s Blue Moon, instead of searching by ‘child’, ‘blue’ or ‘moon’ (all common words), use a combination such as ‘child blue’ or ‘child moon’ to narrow the results.
If you get a ‘no match’ message for your search, there may be several reasons:
- we do not currently have that item in stock.
- you may have misspelled a word or have a title or author’s name incorrect:
- Example: Many people mistakenly refer to Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale as The Handmaiden’s Tale. Searching by ‘handmaiden’ as a keyword will return a ‘no match’ even if we have the book in stock.
- you may have included too many search terms (see earlier tips for searching).