21 MARCH 2020:
Please note, due to the social distancing measures implemented to limit the spread of the COVID-19 corona virus, we have cancelled all planned in store Book Clubs for 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
Our in store Between Friends Book Clubs run during winter each year. The format and number of places are revisited each year.
Our objective is to create an experience in which our members can get to know one another, make new friends, and enjoy meaningful discussion about some great books.
- Three groups will run over four months, with evening or day sessions available.
- Membership is not interchangeable between groups (you book for a single stream only).
- 2020 Annual Membership fee is $80. This fee includes:
- 4 months of meetings;
- refreshments: wine (evening group) or cafe coffee (day groups) each meeting;
- purchase of first month’s book;
- 20% discount on books for months 2, 3 and 4 when pre-ordered and pre-paid (loyalty program points do not apply).
Bookings for all groups open Sunday 1 March 2020.
Click on the buttons below to book for a group.
A waitlist will automatically be created via these links if memberships book out.
For all three groups:
- Farrells staff will provide some facilitation and moderation of discussions. Members should be aware discussions will implicitly involve spoilers.
- Books will be selected each month by Farrells staff and will focus on recent release titles (fiction or non-fiction, depending on your group). We do our best to select a variety of titles to entertain and perhaps challenge members. Although the books selected may not be your preferred genre, we hope to offer members the opportunity to expand their reading. Often you can get just as much or more out of reading a book you disliked as one you loved.
- Books will be available 4 weeks prior to the meeting dates.